Layer-2 Mash (Chikun Feed | 45 Weeks Post-Peak) – 25kg Bag
The Chikun Mash feed are nutritionally complete poultry feeds in ground form. The layer-2 mash is aimed at achieving a physiologic increase in egg size as well as improve shell strength. It is highly balanced in nutrition and normally given to birds from week 45 after changing from the layer-1 feed.
Chikun Feed is made from best in class milling equipment, produced using high-quality ingredients as well as an excellent balance of essential amino acids.
Chikun Layer-2 Mash
The layer-2 mash is aimed at reducing the incidence of eggshell cracks and shellessness in post-peak layers as well as boosting immunity. It is highly balanced in nutrition and normally given to layers from 45 weeks to the end of the laying cycle.
Features of the Chikun Layer-2
- When compared with layer-1 mash, it contains less protein (15%:16.5%) | More calcium (4%:3.75%) | Less metabolizable energy kcal (2600:2650)
- To be fed from 45 weeks of age till the end of the laying cycle (Post peak )
- It contains less nutrient density than layer 1 feed because it satisfies maintenance and egg production requirements only.
- No growth requirements are needed at this age.
- It contains more calcium to support the physiological increase in egg size.
- It is supplemented with pigment premix to support the production of golden-colored egg yolk.
- Made from highly digestible ingredients
Good uniformity of particle size is essential because birds prefer bigger particles. Thus, when Mash feed is poorly produced, the dominant birds will quickly eat those bigger grain particles, while the rest of the birds will eat the finer particles. This situation can potentially create an imbalance in nutrition and consequently sub-optimal performance. This feed comes in the fine mash which makes it easy for the chicks to pick up the feed faster. With Chikun Mash, we have deployed cutting edge technologies into ensuring that there is uniformity in the particles, thereby tackling the imbalance in nutrition which is a common concern in the existing feed market.
Unlike feeds for ruminants, poultry diets are usually complete feeds and supply the total daily requirements apart from water. These feed help to maximize production whether it be for eggs, meat or rearing replacements. Essentially, broiler varieties of chicken feed are denser in protein, which encourages the flock to grow bigger, faster.
- This is a loose and unprocessed version of chicken feed. Similar to the texture of potting soil, the mash is the finest variety of chicken feed commonly available. Mash is normally used for chicks, as it is easy to digest, however it is not uncommon for fully mature birds to be fed mash.
Specification: Layer-2 Mash (Chikun Feed | 45 Weeks Post-Peak) – 25kg Bag
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
We ship nationwide. If there is any hitch in your order, we will call you.
Please read the Afrimash refund policy. We comply 100%
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
In case of cancellation, return, or exchange, we comply with Afrimash policy 100%
There are no inquiries yet.